Course Description


This interdisciplinary fine arts course results in the development of a body of work around contemporary art topics. Research, concept development and studio practice will combine to broaden your skills and ideas. Stimulating assignments together with experimentation promote analysis and understanding of contemporary art ideas, world cultures and historical periods, and other areas of visual information. Studio production and the communication of concepts visually, verbally and in written form will be combined in this thought-provoking course

Friday, December 9, 2011

memory montage

This is my personal project that I have slowly been working on over the course of the past month. I really enjoyed doing the image transfers and lately have also been kind of obsessive about looking through family photos. All these photos were taken at family gatherings at my grandparents farm as I have grown up. I have arranged them so that they are as the property is mapped out. I wanted this piece to be a collection of memories from this dear place as it is no longer inhabited as it once was. The transfers work well for this piece because they are not perfectly clear and do not reveal all the details, just like how our memory is.


4 comments:

  1. I think this piece is incredible. I just love how this was supposed to be about memories and it was very successfully rendered. Last week when I saw this before you said I thought this feels like a warm memory about family. The transfers see not as strong individually but collectively I love how they tell a story. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. I love this slight hint of color. This too was my favorite technique of the semester, and I think that you have really achieved a skilled hand with it. Very effective piece. How do you intend to utilize this in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the feedback :) I am not sure exactly how I will use transfers in the future, but I do love taking photographs so I am excited to experiment with photos I have taken using the transfer method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this piece and overall your show was an incredible body of work. This concept and the process seems to work perfectly together.

    ReplyDelete