Course Description


This interdisciplinary fine arts course results in the development of a body of work around contemporary art topics. Research, concept development and studio practice will combine to broaden your skills and ideas. Stimulating assignments together with experimentation promote analysis and understanding of contemporary art ideas, world cultures and historical periods, and other areas of visual information. Studio production and the communication of concepts visually, verbally and in written form will be combined in this thought-provoking course

Monday, December 12, 2011


This is my finished piece for the most recent mapping collage. In this piece I was thinking about ways to work with color and patterning more. I wanted to bring the color around the piece in a more intentional way than in the last piece I did. I cant decide if I'm done with this piece because there are some things that I don't really like about it. I think the top half is too busy. I like the way that the bottom half has a pattern that stays consistent. I also wanted to integrate the two halves more. I think I might redo this piece, or just start on another to further the ideas I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment