Course Description


This interdisciplinary fine arts course results in the development of a body of work around contemporary art topics. Research, concept development and studio practice will combine to broaden your skills and ideas. Stimulating assignments together with experimentation promote analysis and understanding of contemporary art ideas, world cultures and historical periods, and other areas of visual information. Studio production and the communication of concepts visually, verbally and in written form will be combined in this thought-provoking course

Sunday, November 13, 2011

melted fruits series

These are my recent works that i am still working on. I call them 'Melted Fruits'
In the beginning, when I recalled the melted fruits first time, I was thinking the Grobal Warming.
It was a very hot day. I felt like my body was melting. It was April. It was too early to be hot. It was the moment I sensed Global Warming once again. Some people say global warming is like a fairy tale, but I know it is for real and a fact. I imagined that everything I like was melting. Suddenly, the picture of a melted watermelon came to mind. Watermelon is my favorite thing in summer. I cant even live hot days without it. Global Warming reminds me Image of melted watermelon, and a melted watermelon realizes me the seriousness of the Global Warming. Actually, at first, I made 3D work using sculpey, but I was unfamiliar with sculpey and the final work was not so good. After the summer, suddenly I dicided to paint them on canvas and it was much better than previous one. I still working on this series.   

3 comments:

  1. I like how isolated and iconic these disconcerting images are which indicates to us, the viewers, that there is a larger meaning behind them. I wonder if it would be interesting or useful to you to expand the iconography of melting forms, i.e. a melting bird on a branch, a melting reclining head on a sidewalk, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are interesting! I am not sure if I would have connected Global Warming to these if you had not mentioned it in your statement... but my first emotion to them was sad, then I further thought of smoothies and using real fruit instead of the concentrates that are usually used. I connect more food issues than world and environment issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued with Anita's suggestion to try unexpected melting objects such as birds or a head or something like that. I think it would be a more powerful statement.

    ReplyDelete